Congratulations to the Ohio Historical Society on reaccreditation by American Association of Museums, as well as to the OHS sites newly accredited for the first time. Among those are the Adena Mansion (Chillicothe) and the Johnston Farm (Piqua) [check out their blog], both of which I have visited and really enjoyed. The house museums and the stories at both sites are just fascinating. Furthermore, another newly accredited site is the Armstrong Air & Space Museum (Wapakoneta), which is directed by a friend of mine - so special congrats to him as well.
AboutHello! I'm a young archives professional in Dayton, Ohio. I try to write weekly about history, archives, and/or library-related topics.
Search Glancing Backwards
- Sure it's genealogy; it's just not mine! wp.me/p1eOKJ-z0 5 days ago
- I'm famous : Scioto Historical | Bessie Tomlin & the Ohio River Flood of 1937 sciotohistorical.org/items/show/45#… 6 days ago
- RT @civilwar150th: Democrats in Ohio nominate Vallandigham for governor, even though he has been banished. #cw150 #civilwar150 1 week ago
- My inbox has been blowing up with blog-related emails and comments the past few weeks. I feel so loved :) 1 week ago
- Korn Field. That's awesome! core.libraries.wright.edu/handle/2374.WS… 1 week ago
My Flickr Photos
In the Post Archives…
Tags1913 flood affleck family a little quaker love story archives archivists artifacts a tale of two howards bickham biographical sketches budgets civil war collective bargaining dayton metro library dayton ohio digital libraries flickr forrer-peirce-wood forrer family found it in the archives genealogy history horton howard howard family kasich libraries local history manuscripts maps miami valley archives roundtable ms-018 mvar ohio history ohio library council ohio public employees ohio public employees unions ohio sb 5 ohio volunteer infantry peirce family photographs preservation primary sources quakers samuel forrer sb 5 unions
- [Mittendorf business records] 1888-1933
- Mittendorf business records, 1888-1933, (bulk, 1888-1915) / processed by Lisa P. Rickey.
- [Henry Hildabolt cabinetmaker & undertaker business records] 1852-1920
- Henry Hildabolt cabinetmaker & undertaker business records, 1852-1920, bulk, 1860-1900.
- [Dr. Thomas A. McCann financial records], 1894-1908.
- Dr. Thomas A. McCann financial records, 1894-1908
- [St. John's Reformed Church (Germantown, Ohio) records], 1893-1906.
- St. John's Reformed Church (Germantown, Ohio) records, 1893-1906
- [Jonathan H. & Susan L. (Bates) Winters collection] 1850-1945
- Jonathan H. & Susan L. (Bates) Winters collection, 1850-1945, bulk, 1850-1890