Congratulations to the Ohio Historical Society on reaccreditation by American Association of Museums, as well as to the OHS sites newly accredited for the first time. Among those are the Adena Mansion (Chillicothe) and the Johnston Farm (Piqua) [check out their blog], both of which I have visited and really enjoyed. The house museums and the stories at both sites are just fascinating. Furthermore, another newly accredited site is the Armstrong Air & Space Museum (Wapakoneta), which is directed by a friend of mine - so special congrats to him as well.
AboutHello! I'm a young archives professional in Dayton, Ohio. I try to write weekly about history, archives, and/or library-related topics.
Search Glancing Backwards
- Another November, another #MVAR meeting today! #archivists 1 week ago
- RT @OhioHistory: The #unusual #HiddenMother photo technique in early 20thC on #ohiomemory: bit.ly/IgnFXK 2 weeks ago
- Trying to tidy up my desk/office now that I have a breather day. This clutter is driving me crazy! #archivistproblems 2 weeks ago
- RT @daytondailynews: Air Force museum expanding tours of JFK’s plane dlvr.it/4LYDXd 2 weeks ago
- Got my new Dunbar Library history #exhibits installed just in time for #dunbarfab40! http://t.co/D0zUk7RpD6 2 weeks ago
My Flickr Photos
In the Post Archives…
Tags46th ohio volunteer infantry 63rd ohio volunteer infantry 1913 flood affleck family a little quaker love story archives archivists artifacts a tale of two howards battle of shiloh bickham biographical sketches book reviews budgets cholera cincinnati civil war collective bargaining dayton journal dayton metro library dayton newspapers dayton ohio digital libraries digital photos digital preservation digitization exhibits family history flickr forrer-peirce-wood forrer family found it in the archives genealogy hicksites historical photographs history history of books horton howard howard family Indiana University kasich libraries local history lowe family manuscripts maps miami valley archives roundtable ms-006 ms-018 mvar newspapers ohio history ohio library council ohio newspapers ohio public employees ohio public employees unions ohio sb 5 ohio volunteer infantry opers patterson peirce family photographs pittsburg landing tennessee preservation primary sources quaker marriage quakers samuel forrer sb 5 schaeffer thomas o. lowe thresher-mccann unions university libraries wright state university
- [Mittendorf business records] 1888-1933
- Mittendorf business records, 1888-1933, (bulk, 1888-1915) / processed by Lisa P. Rickey.
- [Henry Hildabolt cabinetmaker & undertaker business records] 1852-1920
- Henry Hildabolt cabinetmaker & undertaker business records, 1852-1920, bulk, 1860-1900.
- [Dr. Thomas A. McCann financial records], 1894-1908.
- Dr. Thomas A. McCann financial records, 1894-1908
- [St. John's Reformed Church (Germantown, Ohio) records], 1893-1906.
- St. John's Reformed Church (Germantown, Ohio) records, 1893-1906
- [Jonathan H. & Susan L. (Bates) Winters collection] 1850-1945
- Jonathan H. & Susan L. (Bates) Winters collection, 1850-1945, bulk, 1850-1890