I’ve officially moved this blog over from the Wayne U. server to a free, hosted WordPress blog……so hello again!
Hello! I'm an archivist in Dayton, Ohio. I write about history, archives, and/or library-related topics.
Please also check out the blog posts I write for Wright State University Special Collections & Archives, where I work.
Search Glancing Backwards
- My 2016 in Archives Land December 31, 2016
- The Inner Circle, an Archivist’s Tale May 28, 2016
- Come & Hear My Genealogical Quilt Story on Jan. 29 January 23, 2016
- Visiting Kindred Spirits in St. Anne’s Hill December 18, 2015
- We keep this love in a photograph November 28, 2015
- Someone just asked if we have any records that might be useful for genealogical research. *slow blink* oh sweet summer child. #archives 14 hours ago
- Can I bring my dog to work tomorrow? She'll be good! But if I lift her up, I'm probably going to need a hospital lol twitter.com/happyincle/sta… 1 day ago
- RT @WrightStArchive: We had special visitors yesterday, Dr. Cheryl B. Schrader @WrightStatePrez and family! We hope you enjoyed all the hi… 3 days ago
- @jfeador That exact thing may or may not have happened to me this very day. 3 days ago
- Bring something to the reference desk to work on, CIRCUS. Don't bring something to the desk to work on, TUMBLEWEEDS. #archivistproblems 3 days ago
My Flickr Photos
- Flying Boats, Part II: “The Wright Brothers” June 22, 2017 scastudent
- Celebrating Wright State’s 50th: WSU’s Founding Faculty June 20, 2017 chris
- When the Brickyard was an Airfield: Flying at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway, 1910 June 19, 2017 dawne
- Flying Boats, Part I: “The Spruce Goose” June 16, 2017 scastudent
- SC&A Closing July 10-July 14 June 15, 2017 billstolz
In the Post Archives…
Tags63rd ohio volunteer infantry 1913 flood affleck family a little quaker love story archives archivists artifacts a tale of two howards bickham biographical sketches book reviews budgets cemeteries cholera cincinnati civil war collective bargaining dayton journal dayton metro library dayton newspapers dayton ohio digital libraries digital photos digital preservation digitization family history flickr forrer-peirce-wood forrer family found it in the archives genealogy hicksites historical photographs historic houses history history of books horton howard howard family Indiana University Italian-Americans kasich libraries local history lowe family manuscripts maps miami valley archives roundtable ms-006 ms-018 museums mvar newspapers ohio history ohio library council ohio newspapers ohio public employees ohio public employees unions ohio sb 5 ohio volunteer infantry opers patterson peirce family photographs preservation primary sources quaker marriage quakers samuel forrer sb 5 schaeffer thomas o. lowe thresher-mccann unions university libraries wright state university