The next meeting of the Miami Valley Archivists Roundtable (MVAR) will be on Thursday, May 19th, from 10 AM to noon. The MVAR is an informal gathering, and all archivists in the Miami Valley area are welcome. If you are interested in attending and need the rest of the info, please leave me a comment.
Hello! I'm an archivist in Dayton, Ohio. I write about history, archives, and/or library-related topics.
Please also check out the blog posts I write for Wright State University Special Collections & Archives, where I work.
Search Glancing Backwards
- My 2016 in Archives Land December 31, 2016
- The Inner Circle, an Archivist’s Tale May 28, 2016
- Come & Hear My Genealogical Quilt Story on Jan. 29 January 23, 2016
- Visiting Kindred Spirits in St. Anne’s Hill December 18, 2015
- We keep this love in a photograph November 28, 2015
- Working on a 120+ page finding aid. Oof. But at least we have a full box and file listing for this collection now! :-) #archives 1 day ago
- RT @jcarletonoh: Love letters to #CivilWar soldiers. ♥️ #CivilWarStories @AldenLibDigital @AldenLibrary https://t.co/N8DY3aeXty 1 day ago
- RT @Google: Calling all U.S. bookworms! Now you can take a look at what e-books are available to borrow at your local library, right in Sea… 1 day ago
- From opening the envelope to marking as "processed" in 30 minutes flat. Hell yeah baby. #archives #archiveswin https://t.co/wRuhvDWbAv 2 days ago
- Archivist pro tip: please don't touch that there. #archivistproblems #archives https://t.co/mrpEYwzmLk 1 week ago
My Flickr Photos
- Young Scholar Visits Wright State: Annabelle in the Archives September 12, 2017 dawne
- Celebrating Wright State’s 50th: WSU’s Founding Faculty, Part 3 September 11, 2017 chris
- New and Updated Collections Available for Research, August 2017 September 8, 2017 Lisa Rickey
- September 11, 2017: Robert A. Kasprzak to Present “The Pilots and Personalities of the 28th Aero Squadron.” September 5, 2017 billstolz
- WSU’s 50th Anniversary: Hamilton Hall- Why Hamilton? August 21, 2017 chris
In the Post Archives…
Tags63rd ohio volunteer infantry 1913 flood affleck family a little quaker love story archives archivists artifacts a tale of two howards bickham biographical sketches book reviews budgets cemeteries cholera cincinnati civil war collective bargaining dayton journal dayton metro library dayton newspapers dayton ohio digital libraries digital photos digital preservation digitization family history flickr forrer-peirce-wood forrer family found it in the archives genealogy hicksites historical photographs historic houses history history of books horton howard howard family Indiana University Italian-Americans kasich libraries local history lowe family manuscripts maps miami valley archives roundtable ms-006 ms-018 museums mvar newspapers ohio history ohio library council ohio newspapers ohio public employees ohio public employees unions ohio sb 5 ohio volunteer infantry opers patterson peirce family photographs preservation primary sources quaker marriage quakers samuel forrer sb 5 schaeffer thomas o. lowe thresher-mccann unions university libraries wright state university