Just a friendly reminder that tomorrow – Thursday, November 17th – is the next gathering of the Miami Valley Archives Roundtable. The meeting begins at 10:00. If you need the details, feel free to contact me.
Hello! I'm an archivist in Dayton, Ohio. I write about history, archives, and/or library-related topics.
Please also check out the blog posts I write for Wright State University Special Collections & Archives, where I work.
Search Glancing Backwards
- My 2016 in Archives Land December 31, 2016
- The Inner Circle, an Archivist’s Tale May 28, 2016
- Come & Hear My Genealogical Quilt Story on Jan. 29 January 23, 2016
- Visiting Kindred Spirits in St. Anne’s Hill December 18, 2015
- We keep this love in a photograph November 28, 2015
- RT @WrightStArchive: The SC&A reading room will be closed Monday, June 25-Friday, June 29, as the staff undertakes some large-scale collect… 4 days ago
- When your supply order comes in, and it's like Christmas up in here! #archives https://t.co/OqJcXDqxwa 1 week ago
- 10 years ago today! Graduated from Wright State (for the second time!) MA Public History 2008 https://t.co/gFf9oKzFdk 1 week ago
- RT @WrightStArchive: Last evening SC&A helped celebrate the 20th anniversary of Clothes That Work and accepted their organizational records… 1 week ago
- Surprise champagne at a work thing https://t.co/2b1svwQFhJ 1 week ago
My Flickr Photos
- Digital Spotlight: 322nd Field Artillery World War I Materials June 24, 2018 Lisa Rickey
- Around the World Through Reference June 20, 2018 billstolz
- SC&A Closing June 25-29, 2018 June 18, 2018 billstolz
- Protect the Propeller In Honor of Father’s Day June 15, 2018 dawne
- New and Updated Collections Available for Research, May 2018 June 12, 2018 Lisa Rickey
In the Post Archives…
Tags63rd ohio volunteer infantry 1913 flood affleck family a little quaker love story archives archivists artifacts a tale of two howards bickham biographical sketches book reviews budgets cemeteries cholera cincinnati civil war collective bargaining dayton journal dayton metro library dayton newspapers dayton ohio digital libraries digital photos digital preservation digitization family history flickr forrer-peirce-wood forrer family found it in the archives genealogy hicksites historical photographs historic houses history history of books horton howard howard family Indiana University Italian-Americans kasich libraries local history lowe family manuscripts maps miami valley archives roundtable ms-006 ms-018 museums mvar newspapers ohio history ohio library council ohio newspapers ohio public employees ohio public employees unions ohio sb 5 ohio volunteer infantry opers patterson peirce family photographs preservation primary sources quaker marriage quakers samuel forrer sb 5 schaeffer thomas o. lowe thresher-mccann unions university libraries wright state university