Just a friendly reminder that tomorrow – Thursday, November 17th – is the next gathering of the Miami Valley Archives Roundtable. The meeting begins at 10:00. If you need the details, feel free to contact me.
Hello! I'm an archivist in Dayton, Ohio. I write about history, archives, and/or library-related topics.
Please also check out the blog posts I write for Wright State University Special Collections & Archives, where I work.
Search Glancing Backwards
- The Inner Circle, an Archivist’s Tale May 28, 2016
- Come & Hear My Genealogical Quilt Story on Jan. 29 January 23, 2016
- Visiting Kindred Spirits in St. Anne’s Hill December 18, 2015
- We keep this love in a photograph November 28, 2015
- This is a great story, unfortunately… August 30, 2015
- Nearly blinded by the brightness of this particular item. Wow. #archivistproblems https://t.co/ZSEbM0eBQ3 20 hours ago
- The past few days I'm "spawning" resource records like it's my job. Oh wait, it is :) #archivistproblems 5 days ago
- I knew there had to be pictures of such-and-such event in collection that shall remain nameless! Found it! #misfile #archivistproblems 2 weeks ago
- Very exciting! Vandalia Library Branch opening Friday wdtn.com/2016/11/16/van… via @WDTN @daytonlibrary 2 weeks ago
- Am I the only one who thinks the name "Murat Halstead" rings a bell? Anyone? Bueller? Bueller? #historianproblems #archivistproblems 2 weeks ago
My Flickr Photos
- 75 Years Ago Today: Pearl Harbor, December 7th, 1941 December 7, 2016 billstolz
- Now Available for Research: Judith Ezekiel “Feminism in the Heartland” Research Collection (MS-507) November 29, 2016 specialcollections
- Thanksgiving Break Hours November 22, 2016 specialcollections
- Archives Closed Nov. 11 for Veterans’ Day November 4, 2016 specialcollections
- Hal McCoy to speak at Living Legends of the Dayton Daily News on November 17 November 3, 2016 billstolz
In the Post Archives…
Tags63rd ohio volunteer infantry 1913 flood affleck family a little quaker love story archives archivists artifacts a tale of two howards bickham biographical sketches book reviews budgets cemeteries cholera cincinnati civil war collective bargaining dayton journal dayton metro library dayton newspapers dayton ohio digital libraries digital photos digital preservation digitization family history flickr forrer-peirce-wood forrer family found it in the archives genealogy hicksites historical photographs historic houses history history of books horton howard howard family Indiana University Italian-Americans kasich libraries local history lowe family manuscripts maps miami valley archives roundtable ms-006 ms-018 museums mvar newspapers ohio history ohio library council ohio newspapers ohio public employees ohio public employees unions ohio sb 5 ohio volunteer infantry opers patterson peirce family photographs preservation primary sources quaker marriage quakers samuel forrer sb 5 schaeffer thomas o. lowe thresher-mccann unions university libraries wright state university