I have undertaken several volunteer positions and internship positions related to archives.
(I was also a graduate assistant in a non-archives position; see Other Work Experience.)
Aug. 2007-Jan. 2008 (6 mos.; volunteer)
ThinkTV-WPTD PBS Dayton (Dayton, OH)
Volunteer, Educational Services
- Approved submissions of stories about World War II, as part of a companion project to the Ken Burns WWII documentary released in September 2007; check stories for historical accuracy and appropriate content.
May 2007-Aug. 2007 (4 mos.; part-time unpaid intern)
Wright State University (Dayton, OH)
Graduate Student Intern, Special Collections and Archives
- Project: Processed 33 linear foot archival collection (MS-358: Miami Valley School Collection).
- Performed archival preservation tasks.
- Project: Designed and installed a small exhibit.
- Project: Designed and created an educational activity for school children.
- Provided reference service in person, by mail, and by phone.
Sept. 2006-May 2007 (9 mos., part-time paid intern)
University of Dayton (Dayton, OH)
Graduate Student Intern, University Archives
- Project: Redesigned and updated the UD Archives web pages to include digitized finding aids in HTML format. [*Note: The current pages are not the pages I created.]
- Provided reference service in person, by mail, and by phone; performed research; digitizing.
- Performed archival tasks, such as accessioning and processing.
Mar. 2006-Aug. 2006 (6 mos.; volunteer)
Columbus Metropolitan Library (Columbus, OH)
Volunteer, Biography, History, and Travel Division
- Performed microfilm research, slide archiving, and duplicating; assisted with branch book sales.
June 2002-Sept. 2002 (3 mos.; volunteer)
Portsmouth City Health Dept. (Portsmouth, OH)
- Filled customers’ vital records requests in person and by mail; handled money; performed copying and filing.
This page was last edited on July 6, 2012.