Here is an example of my work completely resewing and rebinding the item Biography of Dayton (1922). Click on an image to view larger.
Hello! I'm an archivist in Dayton, Ohio. I write about history, archives, and/or library-related topics.
Please also check out the blog posts I write for Wright State University Special Collections & Archives, where I work.
Search Glancing Backwards
- My 2016 in Archives Land December 31, 2016
- The Inner Circle, an Archivist’s Tale May 28, 2016
- Come & Hear My Genealogical Quilt Story on Jan. 29 January 23, 2016
- Visiting Kindred Spirits in St. Anne’s Hill December 18, 2015
- We keep this love in a photograph November 28, 2015
- @ArchivalSilence The answer to this would help me determine if I have anything useful to contribute re the other Q's. 1 day ago
- Potential student hire came wearing a suit and carrying a portfolio....yassssss this is a good sign! 1 day ago
- RT @WrightStArchive: We had some special guests visit recently. Ambassador Tony Hall and Rick Carne stopped by to do some research in the T… 2 weeks ago
- RT @MegDaLibrarian: Emphasis on show and tell of oldest, most "important" items reinforces status quo narratives. #saa17 2 weeks ago
- RT @AASLH: Should the public history/ museum field have a minimum salary for paid positions? ow.ly/5yZ630e2O1d 2 weeks ago
My Flickr Photos
- Celebrating Wright State’s 50th: WSU’s Founding Faculty, Part 2 August 7, 2017 chris
- Tony Hall, former United States Ambassador to the United Nations and Congressman, visits Special Collections and Archives August 3, 2017 dawne
- Do you believe in ghosts? Orville Wright Sighting in Dunbar Library August 2, 2017 dawne
- New and Updated Collections Available for Research, July 2017 July 26, 2017 Lisa Rickey
- The World at War: Across the Atlantic, Summer 1917 July 19, 2017 billstolz
In the Post Archives…
August 2017 M T W T F S S « Dec 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Tags63rd ohio volunteer infantry 1913 flood affleck family a little quaker love story archives archivists artifacts a tale of two howards bickham biographical sketches book reviews budgets cemeteries cholera cincinnati civil war collective bargaining dayton journal dayton metro library dayton newspapers dayton ohio digital libraries digital photos digital preservation digitization family history flickr forrer-peirce-wood forrer family found it in the archives genealogy hicksites historical photographs historic houses history history of books horton howard howard family Indiana University Italian-Americans kasich libraries local history lowe family manuscripts maps miami valley archives roundtable ms-006 ms-018 museums mvar newspapers ohio history ohio library council ohio newspapers ohio public employees ohio public employees unions ohio sb 5 ohio volunteer infantry opers patterson peirce family photographs preservation primary sources quaker marriage quakers samuel forrer sb 5 schaeffer thomas o. lowe thresher-mccann unions university libraries wright state university